Most Active Stories
- 'Hate Map' Collects, Charts Texas' Racist, Homophobic Tweets
- Where Else Could Pres. Obama Have Eaten BBQ in Austin?
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
- First Look at UT Medical School: New Hospital on Red River, Erwin Center Could Be Demolished
- Obama in Austin: 'Folks Around Here Are Doing Something Right'
KUT News Staff
Watch Live: 'Why Bother? Voices of a New Generation'
KUT News, KLRU and the Annette Strauss Institute for Civic Life are raising awareness in Central Texas about low rates of civic participation and the impact on democracy. Tonight, Tuesday, Oct. 2, 2012, we're having a discussion about this topic. “Why Bother? Voices of a New Generation,” is a conversation with young Texans — those who are engaged and those who aren't — about the causes of low civic participation and how to boost it.
The discussion starts tonight at 7 p.m. If you can't make it out, you can watch it live in the above player, or Thursday evening on KLRU.
Why are young Texans increasingly tuning out of the political process? Leave a comment below, or join the conversation on Twitter using hashtag #whybothertexas.