Most Active Stories
- Austin Now the 11th Largest City in the U.S., Up from 13th Largest
- Austin: Second Fastest Growing City for Suburban Poverty
- This Week on KUT News – 'Under One Roof: Affordable Housing 101'
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
- The Mayor's 'Office:' Leffingwell Welcomes Athlead to Austin
KUT News Staff
Willie Nelson Out of Hospital and "Feeling Better"
Country music legend Willie Nelson is out of a Denver hospital and feeling better. Denver NBC affiliate KUSA broke the news yesterday that Nelson was admitted to hospital, because he was "suffering from breathing problems due to the high altitude and emphysema,” according to an announcement made to the crowd gathered for a fundraiser performance at Castle Pines Village, a gated residential community about 25 miles outside of Denver.
But this morning, Nelson’s publicist says the 79-year-old is feeling fine and will be at the House of Blues tomorrow night in Dallas.
“There are no dates that have been canceled. There are no dates that will be canceled,” Elaine Schock told KUT News. “He really is feeling much, much better, and anyone who wants to see him at the House of Blues, go have a good time.”
Willie Nelson is also scheduled to play the Backyard in Bee Cave on Saturday. And he’ll perform at the Moody Theater in on Thursday, November 15th, one day before Austin hosts its first Formula One race.
Arts and Culture