Most Active Stories
- 'Hate Map' Collects, Charts Texas' Racist, Homophobic Tweets
- First Look at UT Medical School: New Hospital on Red River, Erwin Center Could Be Demolished
- Where Else Could Pres. Obama Have Eaten BBQ in Austin?
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
- Storify: President Obama Visits Austin, Manor
KUT News Staff
Workman Wins in Republican Primary
In Texas House District 47 covering western Travis County, incumbent Paul Workman handily won his Republican primary.
With 100 percent of precincts reporting, Workman bested Ryan Downton, 67 percent (9,644 votes) to 33 percent (4,782).
Downton ran to the right of Workman in the primary, accusing him of authoring a bill that would grant amnesty to illegal immigrants, a charge Workman denied.
2010 midterm elections